Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello World~

Hi there friends. I have been wanting an outlet lately to talk about my life so I have decided to turn back to my blog!
I'm loving it here for the winter semester a whole lot. I have to be honest though It. Is. COLD. But with a good attitude, a big warm jacket, and some friends you'll be just fine :)
I would like to express my thoughts in a list. I get more done that way.

1. I have been working in the on campus preschool this semester and it has been AMAZING. What a great experience to be able to know exactly what you want to do in life so soon and have the opportunity to learn so much by just jumping into the preschool! I can not believe all of the things I have learned. I already feel like a preschool expert! I love the children I teach SO MUCH and it is a lot of work but I know I'm doing the right thing.
2. My roommates are INCREDIBLE. I love them all so much and we have really had an amazing and fun experience together. We get along really well and pretty much like to do the same things. They are such good examples and always have something good to say. Also I would like to mention that I have had my room spotless for the past 2 and a half weeks! I am very proud of myself for that.
3. I have become addicted to dancing. Hard core. Most of the time when I come home from class I spend about 15 minutes jumping around the apartment, dancing and singing to blasting music through my headphones. I think it has sorta been my release after a hard day or when I am happy. But anyway, I super love it and I think I have actually gotten a lot better. So if anyone is looking for a good time come over after class and we will dance our sorrows away!
4. Photography. I LOVE IT. I can't stop taking pictures and videos of my friends. I just keep editing and taking pictures to add to a portfolio that hopefully will help me get some jobs in the near future. I am getting better, getting to know my camera better, practicing editing a lot so hopefully that goes well! I would love a side job like that.
5. I tried to give plasma and I couldn't! It was horribly sad. The man said that the reason why I couldn't is a range of reasons falling in a spectrum between iron deficiency and cancer. Well sir, thank you for the assurance. YIKES.
6. I miss my best friends. Holy cow I am so glad we talk almost everyday. Thank goodness for iPhone group message! It is a miracle! They light up my life, and I am so lucky to have them. They always know the right things to say.
7. Prank war. Wow wow wow. Let me give you a low down of how it is happening.
Boys: Barricade door with snow
Girls: dry ice bombs in front of their apartment
Boys: 10 cans of whipped cream all in fridge
Girls: Pyramid of cups of water in front of door, along with all of our trash
Girls: Dead goldfish behind couch - made it stink really bad - they already found them
Boys: ?
Just sayin..... 812<137
8. I ate a goldfish......
9. Basketball is AWESOME!! I love my team and I am learning a lot. I just love playing and being active again. It feels really good to be out on the court. Our first playoff game is on saturday. It is single elimination so wish me luck!
10. Here are links to youtube vids of 2 semester happenings. Harlem shake, and eating goldfish. Both of these were edited by myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6OTKCzCmo   - goldfish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6IfXru2TE   - harlem shake

Alright so this post is getting too long. I will probably write more another time but I don't want to overwhelm my 5 readers!
I miss and love my family VERY much. Especially my babies....

Here are some of my fav pics from this semester.









Rachel Marie

2 comments:

  1. Rachel Rachel Rachel!!! Can I just say, I miss you! also, i love your blog. also, i cant believe you ate a goldfish. gross. but way to go! also, I am so glad you are having a blast this semester with your roomies and preschool! That is so exciting! also, im so bummed i wont be seeing you for spring. finish out the semester strong girl! :) oh and also, if i ever get married, youre taking the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily!!! I just saw this!!! What the heck! Wow I miss you. Thanks for being awesome. Oh and of course I will take pictures for you and Matt!! He loves me ;)

    ReplyDelete