Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oh Simple Thing, Where Have You Gone?

I love Keane. Thank you Blake and Courtney :)
Everything becomes so complicated once in college. Yet some things can be so easy.
 
SIMPLE
 1. I can't imagine going anywhere else. (ok maybe Provo, but I mean a non-LDS college)
 2. A foundation of the gospel in all my classes and every activity is amazing.
 3. A positive attitude.
 4. Taking pictures everywhere I go, it's a given.
 5. Laundry. Every other monday, in, out, fold, put away. simple.
 6. Eating healthy. I eat an apple almost every day.... ;)

COMPLICATED
 1. Tests. It's a whole different ball game. You will realize that when you get a C on the first math exam and the teacher tells you that this test was the easiest of them all. YIKES
 2. Grocery shopping. You don't have your mommy there telling you what the best thing to get is, which the best bargain is, how to cook something, THEIR MONEY, or all the fun of just buying whatever you want without consequence! Everything has to be on a budget, sensible, and all that good "adulty" stuff.
 3. Money. Money sucks. I spit on it. Well actually I don't, because I need it. But metaphorically I wish to spit all over it.
 4. Keeping a schedule. If I don't write something down the minute I hear about it or know that I need to do it, I forget it.
 5. Mission "non-pressure" pressure. In my book of mormon class my teacher talked about how girls should not have any obligation or pressure to go on a mission because of the announcement. But pretty much right now everyone is running like chickens with their heads cut off trying to make a decision. Me included. I am attempting to make an informed and thoughtful decision though.
 6. Balance between FUN HOMEWORK SLEEP. Pretty much the thing is that you can only have 2. Never all three. Currently I am in the fun and homework stage. I should start sleeping more....
 7. Clean checks. We make our dorm look spotless and gorgeous every week before clean check, but come about 5 hours later its a cyclone again! It's amazing how that happens. But I'm barely ever home so I can never put my dirty clothes away, not to mention my closet is a shoe box!

Well anywho I have to tell you about FHE last night!!! It was SO fun. We did painted twister
Technically this isn't my FHE group, but they graciously invited me and I couldn't resist!

Pretty much you set up a homemade twister sheet on the grass but instead of paper colors, it is with paint puddles. The game only lasted for a little until it turned into a full blown paint fight, which was very fun.


Even though most things that used to be simple are harder now, I still love (almost) every moment and wouldn't change it for the world.

Rachel Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment